The second edition of the IFT-Perimeter-SAIFR Journeys into Theoretical Physics will take place on July 10-15, 2017 at the IFT-SAIFR in Sao Paulo. Online application is now closed.
Students from the 2017 school accepted for the joint masters program include:
- André Nascimento Alcantara Pereira (UFMG, Brazil)
- David Jaramillo Duque (Universidad de Los Andes, Colombia)
- Diego García Sepúlveda (Universidad de Chile)
- Jairo Martín Rojas Huamaní (PUC-Peru)
- Renato Gomes Pereira Souza (UFPE, Brazil)
Asimina Arvanitaki (Perimeter) – Fundamental Physics and Tabletop Experiments
Rob Myers (Perimeter) – Einstein’s Gravity: Black Holes to Gravity Waves
Alexandre Reily Rocha (IFT-UNESP) – Topics in Condensed Matter and Molecular Theory
Rogério Rosenfeld (ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP) – Introduction to Cosmology
The school is aimed at exceptional undergraduates in their last year from all countries in Latin America. It is associated with a partnership between ICTP-SAIFR/IFT-UNESP and Perimeter Institute and is also related to a new joint international masters program between the two institutes.
Click on the name of the Lecturers on the table below to watch the videos.
Download PDF version, updated on July 7, HERE!
Lunch on Sunday: map.
FILES AND LIST OF EXERCISES:
- Asimina Arvanitaki: Lecture 1
- Rob Myers: Exercises
- Alexandre Reily Rocha: Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4
- Rogerio Rosenfeld: File, Lecture 4
- Click here